Responsive Ad Slot

Latest

latest

Barcelona Interest Shouldn't Distract Moses - Ekpo

27/11/2016

/ by Editor
Former Super Eagles Midfielder, Friday Ekpo, has welcomed the interest shown in Victor Moses by FC Barcelona of Spain, as reported by the media. He said the news is a welcome development.

Moses got himself back into reckoning after two seasons away on loan in other clubs. His latest exceptional performances under the new Chelsea coach, Antonio Conte, have now changed his status.

This newfound form made it possible for him to post a man-of-the-match performance between the Eagles and the Fennes last month. His brace sealed the hope of a comeback by the Algerians and ensured that Nigeria remains top of Group B with six points in the World Cup qualifiers for Russia 2018.

In a chat with The Guardian yesterday, Ekpo said this indeed is good news for the nation, especially as names of Nigerian players are missing from the list of five nominations penciled down by CAF for the award of the Africa Footballer of the Year.

“FC Barcelona showing interest in Victor Moses is a good thing and a good development. But that should not get into his head. He needs to keep on working on his game for greater glory.

“My advice for him is to continue his good work at Chelsea FC. If at the end of the day the offer comes, good for him and if not, Chelsea is equally a good and a big club. I believe his attitude, dedication and passion for the game really helped him a lot,” he stated.
Don't Miss
SoccerNet NG © 2018, all rights reserved.